The RADAR project proposal pursue the following main objectives:
- To promote the energy citizenship setting up Rural Sustainable Energy Communities (Rural SEC) on restricted area;
- To facilitate the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency measures by local communities involved into the project;
- To mobilise the local energy actors in order to give significant improvements in the existing levels of RES and RUE and prepare the way for large scale investments;
- To favour the establishment of favourable condition for local energy markets and services to reach critical mass
- To favour the transfer of knowledge and experience from more experienced communities to less ones in order to define a common strategy to guarantee sustainable development of the concerned rural areas.
- To promote the increase of energetic efficiency through the development, the strengthening of renewable energies
The way in which the RADAR proposal will act is based mainly on the implementation of activities of raising awareness through the constitution of Rural SEC in the pilot areas.